The first Delphic Championship
The first Delphic Championship took place in Saratov conservatoire on December, 16th. This project was realized together with The National Delphic Council within the XIII Youth Delphic games among representatives of CIS-countries.
The championship is a new form of art competition. Its aim is to determine the best musicians like in sports. All participants were divided into small groups and at the end of the first round the judges named two best musicians who could continue to compete. The same way in the next rounds jury chose the best among leaders of small groups and then among winners of 1/8, 1/4 and 1/2 finals.
24 musicians from the different regions of Russia, Kazakhstan and China took part in the competition that was held in three nominations: piano (solo), flute (solo) and opera singing (solo).
Competition jury consisted of the leading Russian musicians
Piano nomination jury:
- Russian pianist, teacher, the soloist of Moscow Philharmonic, the Honored Artist of Russia, Laureate of the Presidential award Ekaterina Mechetina;
- The People’s Artist of Russia, the Head of Piano Department of Saratov State Sobinov Conservatoire, Professor Albert Tarakanov;
- Professor of Piano Department of Saratov State Sobinov Conservatoire Alexander Rykel.
Flute nomination jury:
- The Honored Worker of Culture, the Head of Wind and percussion instruments department of Saratov Conservatoire, Professor Sergey Proskurin;
- The Dean of the Orchestra Faculty of Saratov State Sobinov Conservatoire Olga Skripinskaya;
- PhD, Corresponding member of the Academy of natural Sciences Peter Zemtsov.
Opera singing jury:
- The People’s Artist of the USSR, Laureate of the State award named after M. Glinka, the Head of Saratov Conservatoire Vocal Department Leonid Smetannikov;
- The Honored Artist of Russia, Professor of Gnesins Russian Academy of Music Svetlana Kuznetzova;
- The Honored Artist of Russia, Assistant Professor of the Saratov Conservatoire Vocal Department Victor Demidov.
Judges scored performances with nameplates according to five point system, this way every participant received his marks right after the performance.
The best in Flute nomination became Alexander Rubtsov, the second – Anastasia Beloliptseva, the third place was shared by Ivan Kravchuk and Svetlana Burova.
The first among pianists became Anna Nemolyaeva, the second – Tatyana Lipanina, the third – Darya Gorokhova and Darya Shushunova.
Young vocalists’ performances closed the championship. The winner was Timur Abdurakhmanov, the second - Ivan Yurov, Zinaida Skvorzova and Vladislava Reshetnikova shared the third place.
The winners of the championship will take part in the opening ceremony of XVIII Youth Delphic Games of Russia that will be held in April 2019 in Rostov-on-Don.
Please, find photo by the link.